Ever since we started using Norwex products about a month ago we have wanted to write a post about it.
Why it doesn't matter if your child licks the windows.
Aside from the fact that they WORK, the reason I love the products best is the peace of mind I have from knowing I am not filling my house with chemicals. That means when my little guy is licking the window - not only do I know that I'll be able to get it perfectly clean with just water, but I don't have to worry about him pick up any residue who-knows-what-is-in-it windex chemicals on his tongue! So he can lick the window and everybody's happy!
I really don't like cleaning. I want to have a tidy, clean house but that doesn't come naturally to me, and it doesn't happen by itself! However, since getting the Norwex products, our bathroom and kitchen have never been so clean, so consistently! It is SO EASY to just wet the cloth and wipe down an area, and because it is so easy, I do it more often, and then there is no build-up! It's the opposite of a vicious cycle!
Our favourite products:
- Kitchen Cloth. I love wiping up my counters, oven and sink and seeing ALL the gunk get taken care of.
- Kitchen Towel. It practically sucks up the water when you are drying something, instead of just spreading it around.
- Dish Cloth. I use this for washing dishes. Though it seems like a strange design, it is surprisingly pleasant to use and very effective.
- Body Cloth. Essentially a micro-fibre facecloth, it removes even waterproof mascara with only water! No more chemical ridden makeup remover to remove all-natural makeup! :)
- Enviro Cloth. This is what keeps our bathroom sink and counter sparkly clean!
Our oven was worse than yours, but now it is cleaner!
- I (Andrew) used a Spirinett and scrubbed many layers of black carbon off the bottom and sides of the inside of othe oven. I was surprised how easy it was, and after spraying with the Norwex Oven Cleaner at the start, I used only water. I was even more impressed that there was no visible degradation of the Spirinett after I rinsed it out and crunched it up a few times in my hand.
- I have been very happy with the Optic Cloth too. My glasses clean better and with half the effort compared to using the optical spray and cleaning cloths from the optometrist.
I am not a consultant so this won't be the most technical description but basically they are super-micro micro-fibre cloths (200x times smaller than normal micro-fibres) so they pick up all the tiny little particles that a normal cloth wouldn't. The silver (which is naturally anti-bacterial) woven into the cloths (you can't see it) disinfects the cloths within 24 hours.
You're skeptical, I know, because I was too, but two events have convinced me that it does work.
- When we had our Norwex Party here, the consultant took a raw piece of chicken breast and rubbed it on my kitchen counter (gross, right?). Then she swabbed it to measure protein and we saw that there was indeed lots of protein on the counter. But after she wiped the area with a wet Enviro Cloth, she swabbed it again and voila - none! Very cool.
- About two days after first laundering our Norwex Kitchen Cloth, it started to get a bit of that yucky dishcloth smell. But then Andrew hung it up to dry above our sink and we didn't use it for about 24 hours and after that the SMELL WAS GONE! The way I figure it, you can't have the smell go away without the germs leaving too. It's been about 4+ days since then and still no smell - we just make a point of hanging it up to dry when we aren't using it.
Where do I buy it?
I highly recommend going to a Norwex Party if given the opportunity (they are like Tupperware parties), as that will give you the best opportunity to learn how they work, how to use and care for them, and what products best suit your needs. But better yet, host your own. This has the added advantage of allowing you to receive a number of free products based on the sales from the party.
Our friend Sarah, who is a Norwex consultant, has offered to answer any questions you have, so feel free to shout them out here or on our Facebook page.
Again, be sure to head over to Growing Home before the giveaway ends on Tuesday, March 12.
NOTE: We received no monetary or product compensation with relation to this post. We just really liked the Norwex line and wanted to share that with you in case it could make your life easier too!